Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bank of america Or (How I went Mad)

If you are one of the many people banking with Bank of America then you will totally be able to relate to what I have to say. I don't know how tightly I was wound before dealing with them but now I am completely unwound....Yes, Bank of America "the bank of opportunity" but giving my husband due credit, he would say in reality is the "Bank of Misfortune"...Everyday seems to have a new trial a new challenge and new terror all done with a smile as you walk into the happy bank lobby. Walking in there is actually more akin to walking into a "Fun House at a carnival" or Halloween Horror Nights at Universal studios. But at least at those two places you know before hand that you are going to be scared and that you blood pressure is going to rise, you are going to get a churning in your stomach and you will feel ill. Yes, they are the bank that is there for you as long as you have lawyers on retainer! Some of the things that have happened to me are just so ridiculous that I wonder if they are really true. But no one could make this up. For instance last Wednesday, when I went in to the bank to make a commercial loan payment. I handed the teller the check and the payment coupon. i in return was handed a receipt. All appears quite normal then but then the great Bank of America comes in to play. On Thursday while checking the corporate account I noted that the check did not clear, I waited one more day and it still did not clear. Went back in to the smiling happy branch of "fools" and was told A) the receipt I had was basically meaningless. Wow, that was something to learn, I wonder if this is just peculiar to Bank of America or if all these years I have been misguided believing that receipts were worthwhile. (Wow)! I then was told that they had no idea what had happened to the check and that I probably walked out with it. I could not see how that could happen since they usually issue the receipt after they have the check in their grubby and greedy hands. I was then told that the genius teller had only worked there for 7 months and did not have any experience. Wow another plus for this company. I know that as an owner of a company if I had an employee that could still not do the basics with her job after 7 months they would not be working for me anymore...but maybe that's just me!!!!! Well after true customer satisfaction that took 4 days of "BLAMING THE CUSTOMER" I decided that this bill really needed to be paid and that was not going to be accomplished at this branch. So I wrote another check, went to a different branch and deposited the check yesterday. It did clear today! But, I will have a new Bank of America story tomorrow......

No comments:

Post a Comment